Saturday 19 November 2016

OUGD601 - Context of Practice 3: Initial ideas

Before going to the screen-printing room, it was important to have an understanding of what sort of designs I will be going for. I wanted to create something that was random to express the opinion that punk had.  
Punk their mediums of expression challenged what Bourdieu described as a social distinction in values between ‘noble’ taste or “art”, legitimated by the educational system, and inferior taste of the lower class “mass culture” that lacks nobility. 

Punk was a rebellion for the low class against the upper and middle class. These designs will be a guide for me to use as they are designs that have been randomly been placed. 

I will be screen printing because it will communicate the rebellious spirit of their times through an evolution in mediums for expression in art that are accessible by all classes. By using screen-printing it relates to how people within the punk era used hand-rendered techniques to create their clothing. 
The positives will be used to create the screen boards to then create screen printed clothing. 


Initial ideas for my clothing design. I wanted to illustrate the importance of my designs being random. 

Initial idea for screen-printing 



No comments:

Post a Comment