Sunday 17 April 2016

OUGD501 - Sythesis

After looking at various ways to rebel against mainstream culture I decided to take forward the research I did on May 1968 forward. After looking at various posters created by students I noticed that the posters are very simplistic, bold and eye catching. Using a similar format, the typography is used to grab your attention. The colour green within my practical relates back to my essay about some people who are avoiding companies that harm the environment. Within my essay I say that companies are adapting to a ‘go green’ policy where companies are supporting an eco-friendly movement. For my practical I have used one colour (green) throughout my stocks to determine which stock would be best to be used within a ‘rebellion’.

I also decided to stick with the language French throughout my practical. Relating back to the May 1968 rebellion I wanted my posters to be effective and unique. I wanted my text to be French as if someone who wasn’t French read the posters they would want to translate what the message within says. Therefore, by using your phone to translate the message you are shown the translation, which is ironic, as you have used technology to find that out and therefore proving my message to be true. Traditional styles are losing traction with designers due to the rise of the computer and different software. Therefore by creating a poster going against technology I am attempting to bring back traditional styles like screen-printing which I have used to create my posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment