Friday 1 April 2016

OUGD501 - Study Task 8 - Evaluation COP Practical Work

What were your initial aims?

My initial aim was to create a poster that uses a similar format to the May 1968 posters. Using screenprinting which was used throughout the rebellion in France.

What processes / strategies have you used and why?

I decided to create my posters using screen printing. They are all on various stock paper to see which stock would attract the most attention as my essay is on rebellion. I have made my posters all using a green colour to relate back to my essay about consumers wanting to ‘go green’.

What literature have you read that informs this work?

Graphic Agitation 2: Social and Political Graphics in the Digital Age

Is the work effective (in terms of your aims)? In what ways? How do you know it is effective (testing)?

I believe the posters are very effective as they relate back to the May 1968 posters. I have created one poster but have created in on numerous stock to find out which one works best and why.

Does it communicate what it should do (in what ways)?

The posters are all screen printed. They are all written in French so that when you want to translate it you would have to go into the internet to find out. The hidden message behind my practical is that I am going against technology. Therefore, ironically once you find out the translation you are actually already on some technology therefore,supporting my case.

What are the successful elements and why?

I believe the successful element is the final outcome of the screen prints. They portray a message of rebellion and remind me of 1968 posters which was my initial aim.

What areas need improving or developing further and why?


The areas that I could develop further next time would be to create a variety of posters which are all different to see which poster is the most expensive and why. I would say that I could have tried more different techniques such as wood making and laser cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment