Thursday 12 November 2015

OUGD501 - Study Task 4 - Practical investigation

Theme / Content:
TECHNIQUE
I will produce art work that has a similar message to the May 1968 rebellion. Using their methods of screenprinting I intend to create posters that will help promote my essay.

CONTENT
The content will be very minimalistic relating back to the May 1968 posters. Vibrant and eye catching. 


COMMUNICATION

I will be using the French language to help communicate a french rebellion. The sentence(s) will be in French and relating back to technology therefore, when you want to translate the words on the poster you will have to get your phone out and translate it. This will relate back to essay about the French student revolution and how my essay is about going against technology using methods used in the past. 

Methods:

RESEARCH / ANALYSIS
I will look at rebellions that have and haven't worked in the past. Especially focusing on the May 1968 posters.

EXPLORATION / EVALUATION
I will need to keep it simplistic and engaging just like the May 1968 posters. I will explore different printing methods that will hopefully explore the best way to promote rebellion

TESTING
I will hang these posters around and see if they are attracting people to stop and think. I will also continuesly be asking my peers to see if they understand the posters as well as finding out the best printing method for a 'rebellion'.

1.What is your research question?
How has rebellion affected the way we see graphic design?

2.Do you have a hypothesis (an assumed conclusion that you will endeavour to prove)?
I will debate what form of rebellion is best used within Graphic design and did any of the methods work and if so do designers still use these methods. For example does Screenprinting still work to create a visual impact.

3.What are the contexts of your research interests?
Does using different print methods work for a visual impact.

4.Sources of primary/secondary research.
Majority of my research sources will be secondary as these events have happened in the past and im finding out which one is still in use today and what worked best in the past.

5.How will your practical work relate to your written work (synthesis)?
The practical work will have to be the best ways to  visually explore rebellion. Throughout my essay I will be talking about different methods used for rebellion and one of these methods will be used for my practical. Therefore it will relate very nicely to my essay.

6.What methods will you use to research, develop, create and test your work?
I will be placing these posters in a way that the students may have done in May 1968. Therefore researching into the student rebellion is important as well as testing my work on peers and people outside to see if it makes an impact. 


No comments:

Post a Comment