Sunday 1 November 2015

OUGD501 - Study Task 3 - Establishing a question

Suggested Research Question. 
How graphic design relates to rebellion?

How Could The Research Question Be Investigated Through Practice?

After going to the May 1968 rebellion lecture with Richard Miles I was very surprised as how much this topic caught my attention. I want to look at rebellion and what different 'styles' of rebellion there are and which were successful and which were not.

Which Of The Module Resources Does This Question Relate To?
Rebellion, Typography, Printing methods, Consumerism, Advertising, Environments

Which Academic Sources Are Available On The Topic?

McQuiston, Liz. Graphic Agitation. London: Phaidon, 1993. Print
McQuiston, Liz. Graphic Agitation 2. London: Phaidon Press, 2004. Print.
McQuiston, Liz. Visual Impact. Print.
Pretty Ugly. Berlin: Gestalten, 2012. Print.
Hundertmark, Christian. The Art Of Rebellion III. Mainaschaff: Publikat, 2010. Print.
Singer, Daniel. Prelude To Revolution. New York: Hill and Wang, 1970. Print.

What Graphic Design would you make in response to this, and why?

For the practical side I want to explore rebellion. As I am getting further into my rebellion essay I will learn the different techniques used in the past for rebellion and create something that will benefit my essay. I will be learning a lot about what worked in the past and what didn't. Everything that I will learn from my essay will be used forward towards my practical; using techniques that worked and print methods that I could use further in my own designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment