Thursday 13 October 2016

OUGD601 - Context of Practice 3: Planning (1)

Throughout my essay I would like to address how Graphic Design is more than people think when they walk past it everyday and don’t even notice how much they walk past.  Graphic design has a lot of features such as printmaking, screen-printing, hand lettering, and crafting and many more that have been used in previous rebellion such as the May 1968 rebellion, which used screen-printed techniques to address their messages. Student revolution/May 1968 revolution (important to put in essay).

Another part that I would like to cover is how Fashion Design has been used as a mean for rebellion. How do fashion designers promote a rebellion against/for something that they believe me. (Vivienne Westwood – gay cowboys/environmental campaigns).
I am also interested in how fashion designers use different techniques to promote their beliefs.


I would then like to explain the two together and their similarities and differences between each other. Why the two could be seen as one ‘genre’ (Creatives/designers) and how/why they use their designs to make a difference to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment